Sinister: Liverpool Girls Beat All the Rest

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Thu Sep 10 14:26:35 BST 1998

>  usual, I've been trying really hard to mishear things on TWATTYBUS, but the
>  best I've come up with is "Has he ever seen Gandhi?" from Seymour Stein.

Before I got the booklet with the lyrics, I thought the EXACT same thing!!
Thank you!!
Then, I read the lyrics, which are different, and sat trying to figure out
what I heard -- and suddenly a lightbulb went on in my head and I thought
"Dundee!!"  Quite an accomplishment, as I am fairly geographically challenged.

People have been wondering about the Supper Club.  It's a nice venue in many
ways, and certainly not so big as the synagogue they played in last year in
NY, I don't think.  Maybe the same capacity overall, no?  The Supper Club is
really not so "showynice" as the photos on its website, unless they've done it
over in the last few months -- but I thought when it was first mentioned that
it was a good choice.  It does have stars on the ceiling.  People crowd in
around the railing. The main room is on a couple of levels:  the floor area
where everyone crowds in to hear the band, then a step or two up to the bar
area in the back and little curtained cubicles with tables along each side
where the "important" people can sit.  I'm always surprised that there are SO
MANY important people -- and yet I am never on the list.  It's all overlooked
by a balcony area, with tables.  I guess that's where you can get supper, but
I've never seen anyone eating there.  You've had to be important to get up
there as well, at least at the shows I've attended. Except for the candy you
can buy in the restrooms -- which are the nicest of any venue I've been at,
with one of those women who hands you a towel, in the ladies' room at least.
So bring some money to tip her if you have to use the loo.

It looks like lots of people from all over will be at the NY picnic on Sept.
20th -- it will be great to put faces to names.

--michele/simone