Sinister: Business Proposal

Rod Begbie rbegbi at xxx.com
Thu Sep 10 16:20:36 BST 1998

(please ignore the headers -- It's just so that people noseying at my Outbox
don't get suspicious)

Some more stuff rattling around my brain:

1.  No offence to the officials on this list, but I thought that the
T-shirts on sale were kind of dull.  When I saw someone in a IYFS shirt
before hand, I assumed it was a bootleg.  The bus and dancing shirts were
funky, original and imaginative.  But just putting the record sleeve on a
shirt isn't.

(Although I did pay £3 for a bootleg shirt outside the gig, because I
thought that they were just the funniest things ever.  A massive number 7 on
the back, for no apparent reason.  Any suggestions as to what it stood for?)

2.  Doing a DejaNews search for "Belle and Sebastian" gets you a few adverts
for live bootlegs.  "People" may be interested.

3.  I only realised last week that "I Don't Love Anyone" doesn't promote the
use of concealment tactics.  "If there's one thing that I learned when I was
still a child, it was too take up hiding."  Not funny, but it is true.

4.  Gig review in Grauniad today.

5.  Two nuns driving along, when Dracula jumps onto their windscreen.
"Quick, show him your cross", says Nun One.  So Nun Two goes "Fuck off
Dracula - I'm not in the mood."

6.  Someone I know is a stand-up comedian, who has been trying quite hard to
"get it on" with a young lady friend.  So I forwarded him that wee bit out
of DirtyDream#2.  He didn't find it funny.

7.  So who's going to be the first to post their 10 biggest wanks?

Rod.

--
Rod Begbie
Work: rbegbi at sapient.com   Play: rod at begbie.com

	There's no such thing as "young".  They just treat us wrong.
	I had a friend who died.  I had another friend who stayed alive.
					-- Urusei Yatsura, "Amber"