Sinister: London's not let me down

kenny kenny at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 11 21:20:13 BST 1998

Having been reading about everyones views on the London gig I thought that
I would add my views.

Despite everyone moaning about the lack of volume, I thought that it was
just about perfect, any louder and I'm sure that a lot of the songs would
have lost that special quality. Admittedly DirtyDream and Spaceboy Dream
can be played at volume, but Belle and Sebastian is such a fragile song (if
songs can be fragile) that it needed to be played quietly. And besides, if
it had been louder then people wouldn't have needed to let out that huge
chorus of ssssssshhhhhhh! Which was pretty cool.

I'm another of those people who missed out on meeting you all in the pub, I
got to the gig just as the doors were openning so I thought I'd join the
cue then, too much traffic on the motorway up. Sorry, hopefully I'll meet
you all next time.
(Although I have my suspicions that i was queueing in front of doug. Were
you talking to a girl about some party that you had been to over the
weekend? If so I was the one in front of you in the beige top, with a
couple of mates)

Am I the only person who fell instantly in love with Isobell during her
rendition of Is It Wicked..? And that outfit, very cute. And The last song.
Better stop there, my girlfriend wouldn't approve.

And as for the celebrety claims to fame, I sat a couple of rows behind
George Dawes on level1 and when on a visit to the bar Ian Broudie held the
door open for me!

Oh and one last point can I just say what a complete wanker the bloke was
who was heckling the band from the top left balcony at the start of the
show. WankerWankerWankerWankerWanker. Now that should be enough, just don't
do it again or I'm sure stuartm will sort you out. (I know its not anyone
on the list but i had to get my anger out at them somewhere-sorry)

Oh and the very last point (i promise) did anyone tape the concert (
naughty    ,naughty if you did but i won't tell if you don't), its just i
desperately want a recording of it, and if I can't find one here I doubt i
ever will.

Cheers then
Meet you next time
Jake

Ps ed sorry about, not getting that tape to you, had to sort out exam
results before i went away, and just didn't have time.

pps The new Mercury Rev album is great