Sinister: I LOVE "Rollercoaster ride"

Julien Bo�ldieu grabutcho at xxx.com
Fri Sep 11 08:46:44 BST 1998

Hello everyone !

I've got a few questions, suggestions or observations :

1. When Stevie sings on "Seymour Stein" :
"He reminded you of Johnny
Before he went Electronic"
does he mean Johnny Marr ?

2. Although I'm used to listening it billions of times a day since
saturday,
I only noticed this morning the piano in the final of "Dirty dream
#2". Great moment.

3. "If you're feeling sinister" lasts the right time : neither too
long nor too short. "The boy
with the Arab strap" is to me too short.

4. Don't you think that Belle and Sebastian should write and play an
whole album for
Morrissey (which has not sung a single good song since the marvelous
"Vauxhall and I",
ie 1994), another one for David Bowie and one more for Lou Reed ?

5. I don't know why lots of people complain of "The rollercoaster
ride" : too long, too monotonous, etc. Mmmm... What they need is a
REAL rollercoaster ride !
Am I the only one who thinks that it's not a good but a GREAT song,
one of
the greatest in the album, just perfect as it is ? Write me and join the
Association for the "Rollecoaster ride" defence !!!!!!!!

6. "Awful" by Hole (on the new album) is beautiful. And Melissa Auf
der Maur absolutely charming.

Bye,
Julien