Sinister: Re: jeepster-news: Belle & Sebastian - USA Confirmed Dates and n

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 11 13:46:40 BST 1998

Hi everone,

someone's been asking questions, so i thought you might all want to know
the answers ...

> why were the t shirts £15 and only in large?

basically, when you play the empire you HAVE to use the concessions
company they employ to sell any merchandise the band have and then they
take 25% of the gross profits for themselves.  so, for the band to be
making their profit, we had to put the prices up to cover the buggery
venue charges ... really sorry about that and we did print on the back
of the flyers (handed out by funkyseb, fred and rommel ... thank you!)
that the charges were ridiculous and that you could get them from
mail-order - http://www.jeepster.co.uk - an awful lot cheaper.  both the
t-shirts were available in small, medium and lage, so if the blokies
behind the counter said otherwise, they were LYING!  again, the full
range can be found on the jeepster site.

> and why did they come on so late ? it meant that they played late and we all
> missed our trains and had to pay £30 for a taxi.

well, there were technical problems (drum kits + onstage monitors
apparently) and the band were also very very very nervous.  i've heard
that a couple of band members were continually visiting the loos before
the gig, as they've never played anything of that size before.
understandable i think, but probably still not the best excuse ever.

the band have apologised to anyone the inconvenienced with them going on
late.

that's it!

cheers,
Katrina.

        jeepster recordings ltd. - mailto:a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
            217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london, w10 5bn, uk
               phone - 0181 964 9432, fax - 0181 964 8600
                        http://www.jeepster.co.uk