Sinister: And the Rodddddney's are queueing up God Forbid

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 11 16:13:33 BST 1998

Have you lot heard about the current carry on with the Manics' single, it
seems that everyone including the Manics reckon that it sounds exactly like
the Stranglers' Duchess. I can't see it personally but mentioning it does
allow me to attempt a "comedy" subject line. Duchess is a top song though,
and I even quite like the Manics one too, it seems to have a tune. Good
move Manics!

	I've got a bloody great cold at the moment unfortunately, probably due to
the systematic and self-inflicted destruction of my immune system whilst on
holiday. Sleeping in a flower bed probably didn't help too much either.
David really ought to have got a photograph of that. But for all that, I'm
bloody glad he didn't.
	Incidentally, as has already "bean" pointed out, the bloke on the cover of
the record is CHRIS GEDDES. For those of you reading in HTML readers,
hopefully that'll be clear and not need stated again.

Also, a great big thankyou to Mr.Peter Miller for his kind gift of a tape.
It's a lovely collection of funky stuff (like Seb, except with stuff
instead) and weird sort of croony people. I like the version of Be thankful
for what you've got. Is the William De Vaughn version the original, it's
set me in doubt. I especially like the great Marvin Gaye tracks. They rule,
in the way Mr.Gaye generally does. Oh and Peter, it's probably not work the
money for the UNKLE album, it's not really that great, it isn't as good as
DJ Shadow on the whole. However, I'd disagree with Mr.Fitchett when he
points out in his e-zine that DJ Shadow hasn't really move on creatively
from What does your soul look like?... I mean, how do you define that? HIgh
Noon is certainly a departure, and I can't see many people who do make as
radical a break from their general style as that. I still think Mr.Shadow
is one of the best blokes of the 90's.

	I think seen as there are no more UK dates immediately planned by the way
we should all arrange some form of meet up somewhere. What do people reckon
the chances are of us being able to get the lot of us (or at least as many
people from all over the UK - and obviously any non-residents who want to
come too) in one place?

	Right, off to bed for me.

Cheers,
	Keith.