Sinister: more rubbish for you to delete

Honey honey at xxx.net
Fri Sep 11 21:02:16 BST 1998

Timothy wrote:

> A few observations on the new LP.  I can't believe that no-one has
> noticed that the recorder solo on 'The Boy With The Arab Strap' is a
> dead ringer for part of the banjo line in Flatt and Scruggs' "Salty
> Dog Blues", only slowed down.

.. and other such frenzied pantsless ironies.  Well I say, P!O!O! to
all your Felt, Nick Drake and Peters & Lee references, why hasn't
anyone mentioned Stevie's quote on Chickfactor from "Derek and Clive
Live", viz., "what's the worst job you've had?".  The answer was
something to do with lobsters up your Wembley (which, incidentally,
still remains a mystery).

Anyhow, naked as he is, Tim makes a good point which I will repeat
for newcomers: don't ever feel that just because you're new you
should keep quiet, any talk of "real" fans will be laughed out of the
shop here, but if you have any burning questions about the band,
they'll probably have been answered before on this list - could you
toddle along to:

    http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/cgi-bin/sinister-search.cgi

and search the archives first please?  That way we can keep busy
discussing Schopenhauer and knitting and other more on-topic stuff.

Oh and you're very welcome, and deeply loved, and if you get *really*
stuck with the list, mail me, but only after you've read through the
WWW pages please as I'm a busy bee.  And please remember, this list
is yours, is run on spare time and limited resources, and is
completely independent of the band and the record company, so you can
say what you like as long as you don't get all grumpy.  Just be nice
:)

honey xxx