Sinister: That is SO true!

paul francke sarahsheridan at xxx.com
Fri Sep 11 21:52:19 BST 1998

>bit like "Spirit In the Sky".  But...If anything on the new album
>sounds like anything else, it sounds like (gasp!) Belle and >Sebastian.
The melody to the title track sounds like the melody on >"Electronic
Renaissance" and "...Brilliant Career" is fairly similar >to "...Track
and Field".  But I think we can forgive B&S for sounding >like
themselves, hm?

a good point, agreed. another instance of self-impersonation on the new
LP: the chorus to dirty dream #2 is almost note for note a copy of part
of "the boy done wrong again." but the melody sounds so awesome on both
songs, i couldn't stand for either to have been self-censored due to the
similarity.

ttfn,paul