Sinister: chart position for belle and sebastian

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Sun Sep 13 19:06:17 BST 1998

having sat here for the past 3 hours and twiddled our fingers in every
possible way whilst we waited for the charts to come through, we
eventually found the info first on the net.

anyhow, this is it, the confirmed chart poisition for the album in the
official UK chart.

Belle and Sebastian went in at number 12 on the album chart and number 1
on the indie album chart, yippee!

which we thought was bloody brilliant, we don't know how many sales
secured that position, but just maybe the four we bought yesterday made
a difference :)

anyhow, that's that spurt of excitement done - just a short
congratulations to the band for creating such a masterpiece.

david & katrina

PS: things currently being worked on - a rock family tree for the band -
a re-vamped shop - the refreshed fiction section - getting mugs and
posters available for mail order - improving the news mailing list -
adding a page (when i get the chance to write it) for newbies to b&s.
anyone wanting to contribute to any of the above should contact me
privately - i already have a few of them sorted, it's just things like
the rock family tree i need a hand with :)

                                 -=-

 Jeepster Recordings Ltd, 217 Canalot, 222 Kensal Road, London W10 5BN

            http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/
                      mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk