Sinister: TWATTYBUS in-store album chart positions

Michael Michael.Barrett at xxx.com
Mon Sep 14 17:33:06 BST 1998

>I don't really know what these charts represent but I went into Southampton
>at lunchtime, to buy the new Tindersticks singles/rarities compilation, and
>made a mental note of the TWATTYBUS in-store album chart positions:
>
>HMV     -  8
>Virgin  -  4

Proof that marketing does work? In Reading TwattyBus is displayed facing the
front door in a big display all to itself, whereas in HMV it's just in
amongst the others.  If this is the same in Southhampton it could explain
why it is selling better in Virgin (sorry, but as a psychologist I am fed up
telling people advertising does work, so I jump on any proof I can).

Whilst I'm here, I've noticed talk about list crushes.  Now, I've not met
any list girls yet, so I don't have any of those.  However, I do have a
couple of list heroes that I'd like to thank.  Firstly, Ben Ferneyhough, who
let me hear Tigermilk (can I say he copied it for me on the list?), and some
great sessions as well.  And Kevan Cooke, who not only got me tickets for
Shephard's Bush after I was too lazy to get mine in time, but also supplied
the bottle of Bacardi that got me drunk on Saturday night.  Cheers guys.

Oh, and clam-pickers are the worst piece of female clothing since calottes
(sp?).  I don't think Isobelle wore them in London, but then I thought she
was pretty sexy so probably wouldn't have noticed.

Michael