Sinister: just another Manics monday

Cassell Professional Publishing d.barker at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 14 17:43:39 BST 1998

There's a very nice review of the album in the new Mojo, by the way, with a
mini-interview with Stevie. Also, there was a good review of the London show
in yesterday's Observer, together with a very cute pic of Stuart in his felt
t-shirt. Unfortunately, the review (although positive) tried to set the band
up as the 'anti-Oasis', which is the kind of journalism that makes me
yawn...

Everyone's so desperate to create a scene right now, and it would be such a
shame if B and S got lumped in with anything.

My delightful girlfriend has managed to get the band into our forthcoming
Dictionary of Slang publication - in the shops for Christmas, and well worth
the money for containing 2100 terms for masturbation alone. Anyway, if you
look under the word Off (which has many definitions), one of them includes
the example:

Sarah was grooving off Belle and Sebastian.

With publicity like this, no wonder the band don't need to bother.

Oh, the album is number 5 in Our Price, by the way.

Isn't it true that something like a quarter of all CDs sold in the UK are
sold through Woolworths? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Take care,

DAVID