Sinister: Start spreading the newts

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Mon Sep 14 17:44:23 BST 1998

Well, thanks to you all being so positive, and a huge thank you to the
lovely Todd Beatty, cos I've just booked my flight to JFK and there's
nothing I can do about it but get swept along in the excitement of it
all...

Thanks also to Tim and Paul who suggested potential accommodation - any
further advice on where to stay for (relatively) cheap would be lapped
up; I'm staying 5 nights, though this can be changed if necessary.
Ohmigod! I can't believe I've actually spent £247.45 of my precious
English pounds (plus tickets) and I'm loving it!!!

Anyone who has the slightest reason to email me privately on this
subject please do (what to do, where to go, who to see, ad nauseam), as
I do feel a small knot of fear building up in my tummy - I don't think a
fortnight in Canada 3 years ago has prepared this shy wee lad for the
extravagant riches of my dream destination...

I'm slightly dazed by the whole shenanigans and have little to add on
the subject of Belle and her mate Sebastian. Hmm - oh yes - how can
anyone say that Tigermilk's not a patch on Towboats? I'm not the type to
be indier-than-thou (honest!), I just think you're very wrong. I may
have overlistened to it over the last few weeks, but to me it's a
distant third, with only songs like the title track and Sleep...Around
making it as essential as I'd hoped. It's still fucking fantastic, as
you all know, but there's a good half-dozen songs on it that I have no
desire to hear for a while, and even after 6 solid months of pawing over
the other two I've never been able to say that.

Sorry to end on a negative note, but I'm sure in a week's time I'll look
at this message and barely be able to believe what tosh I was speaking.
So for now I'm going to go home, bung The Congos on the stereo and relax
like a particularly unenthused sloth. Ta ra,

Biondino