Sinister: chubby knees

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Mon Sep 14 22:05:31 BST 1998

>HA! Yes! Pedal Pushers ARE EVIL! Following on - you must be a pretty
>evil person to wear them, OR, just seriously misguided.  In everything.

Oh, I've always loved capri pants (aka pedal pushers, aka clam diggers)!
They can make you feel quite sassy when driving in a car with the top down,
or hanging out the moonroof of a Volvo (prime capri pant-wearing
activities) or even just shopping with a scarf around your head. Quite Emma
Peel, if I may say so. They're flash with trainers and tank tops and a
cardigan and Dr Scholls sandals, and best of all they hide my knees (which
I find are a little too chubby for my tastes, my legs are fine but I do
have chubby knees). Now capri pants with platform shoes, that's not right,
but with trainers there's nothing wrong. Trendy kids all wear them with
their platform running shoes and teeny little tops with too much makeup on,
but I can't help how much I love those pants. And I made a few pairs too,
for the summer, one has cargo-like pockets on the side which is so handy!
All of you who hate capri pants and call them clam diggers, you've just not
seem the right sort of pair, mine are Stussy Sista hip-huggers made of
sweatpant material and they really are sublime, none of that stretch denim
shit for me. My trainers are also lovely, they're old skool with bright
orange and purple arrows on the sides, they go quite well with my backpack
which has a reflective stripe on the back. I do hope some of you can
abandon your hostility towards capri pants and see that they are not evil,
they're just for those of us who are knee-shy.

truly,
jessicaxo