Sinister: new fan/ Toronto show

petula twinkle at xxx.net
Tue Sep 15 01:58:30 BST 1998

Hi Debbie and everyone,

Haven't posted in ages, bet you forgot all about me--unless you're one of
the darksiders on irc.

At 05:52 PM 9/14/1998 -0400, debbie.spiers at utoronto.ca wrote:

>i don't know if this works, but i'm trying.  i'm from toronto, canada and
>have spent the last two summers in europe trying to see belle and
>sebastian.  i haven't seen anything new in stores and the web pages don't
>seem to have been updated in a year.
>are they still around??
>nobody in toronto know who belle and sebastian are, so i'm alone here.
>somebody please help!!

A few things:

1. At the end of this post you'll see the URL for the mailing list website,
which will give you all the latest info you'll need, as well as links to
oodles of other sites. Are you s*bscribed? Which webpages are you looking at
anyhow? Just in case you're not subbed, the URL is:

http://www.majordomo.net/sinister

2. You can get the new album just about anywhere in downtown Toronto, from
the big HMV at 333 Yonge St. to the indie shops on Queen St. W and
thereabouts. Got mine at HMV for $18.99--boo hiss for buying it there, I
know I know.

3. Lastly, you are not the only one in Toronto who knows them--though trust
me, I know the feeling. We are there, lurking about, but haven't gotten off
our sorry asses to organize a picnic. Yet.

However:

Belle & Sebastian
Saturday, October 24th -- Opera House

As Katrina has mentioned, tickets go on sale @ $16 a pop this Thursday at
Ticketmaster (boo hiss), Rotate This (downtown, Queen & Bathurst) and Sonic
Temple (though who in their right mind would travel to North York to buy a
ticket, I don't know.)

It's 19+ and I know they are very strict about carding, so either show up
early and smuggle in with the band, or you know, have some ID.

***
[May I just get a complaint out of the way and register my dismay at the
choice of venue. Evil bouncers and horrible choice of drinks at the bar. Be
warned, do not bring large knapsacks because they are likely to go through
them or make you check them, the bastards! Cameras are probably also
forbidden, depending on how busy it is. I have seen many a time when they
had bouncers roaming the venue, making sure no one was taking pictures,
handing out flyers or smoking that stuff that smells funny. Not that any of
you would do that, of course. ;-) Anyhow, perhaps we can all gang up on
them, tie them up and then have a lovely time. Or perhaps the owner will
think "Pah! Belle & Sebastian, won't be but a bunch of cardie wearing
biscuit nibbling wussies, no security guards needed." ]
***

And though I can't attend if there's a meet-up on the Saturday before the
show, myself and my darling surprise guest could probably make it to a
picnic on the Sunday. Provided we aren't still passed out from the
festivities of the night before, of course.

5 1/2 weeks until we rule, damnit,
elisabeth xxx