Sinister: UK listees: Dance to B&S and other indiepop/punk tunes on 22/9

Dr C.B.Stride C.B.Stride at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 15 10:30:35 BST 1998

** Firstly, in deference to the orders of the list owner I shall only
** post an advert for Offbeat now and once more before Christmas
** when all the students have returned to the list (is that OK Paul?)

Offbeat is back for 5 nights this autumn,
and there is a new website with Offbeat and general indiepop info' and
articles,(including a review of the Leed's gig very soon I promise!),
and links to other cool sites.
http://www.shef.ac.uk/~offbeat/

         OFFBEAT -  a real indiepop night.......

     with late bar, free lollipops and request sheets

     Sheffield Uni' SU Raynor Lounge (non-students most welcome)

     9pm to 1am, £2.50 on the door...

 TUESDAY 22nd SEPTEMBER
 FRIDAY 9th OCTOBER
 FRIDAY 23rd OCTOBER
 FRIDAY 20th NOVEMBER
 SATURDAY 12th DECEMBER

     Playing......Classic Indie, Punk POP 1977-1997 and C86/C96/new
     underground of indiepop.....

     HELEN LOVE-HEAVENLY-BELLE AND SEBASTIAN-DELGADOS
     DWEEB-CHAMELEONS-PASTELS-R.E.M.-SMITHS-PAVEMENT-
     FALL- BLUR-JAM-HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT-TALULAH GOSH-
     HEFNER-YUMMY FUR-VELOCETTE-I LUDICROUS-JUNE BRIDES
     SUPER FURRY ANIMALS-ELASTICA-CURVE-URUSEI YATSURA-
     BOGSHED-TIGER-SNUFF-DEAD KENNEDYS-PWEI-CARTER USM-
     DISCO PISTOL- COMET GAIN -VELODROME 2000-ANORAK GIRL
     STEREOLAB-CHINA DRUM-SPARKLEHORSE- BUZZCOCKS-BIS-
     WEDDING PRESENT-ASH-SONIC YOUTH-BODINES-PIXIES-CUD
     PRIMAL SCREAM (early)-GENE-SHOP ASSISTANTS-FIELD MICE
     CHILLS-PETER AND THE TEST TUBE BABIES-BLUEBOY-SCARFO.
       plus many more in the same vein......

     for more details/to join the Offbeat mailing list
         email C.B.Stride at Sheffield.ac.uk

C.B.Stride at Sheffield.ac.uk

*** daytime: 0114 2223262 ***
***     FAX: 0114 2727206 ***
*** evening: 0114 2306539 ***

"Watford FC Supporters - South Yorkshire branch"