Sinister: Farewell for now, I'm off jetsetting!

Vicky Parkinson uczcvap at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 15 13:02:52 BST 1998

I've got five hours twenty minutes to finish my dissertation, print it,
proof read it, and bind it, but hey, I want to say bye.

Cos as of tonight at 5pm I am no longer a student and soon I am escaping my
debts and worries for three weeks, and jetting off for a wedding in
Toronto, and I'm going to be jetting down to New York for three nights.
What a hard life I lead!

I REALLY would like to meet some of you in those two lovely cities, while I
have the chance. I can be contacted at jjurinic at idirect.com from the 20th
September, and I've been canny and raided the archives for some of your
email addresses, so you can't hide ;-)

But fear not, I will be back, and probably unemployed, the 2nd week in
October, AND I'll have to pay for my Internet access, bummer.

Before I go I have to apologise for an act of disgusting behaviour on SAt
night. I was in Glasgow for a Hen Night, and after several cocktails in the
Copthorne (How horrible is it in there?) and  many bottles of wine between
us over dinner, three of us kept the party spirit going in Kilkenny's, a
dubious 'Irish' pub in the basement of the Italian centre. Anyway, as we
staggered up the stairs at closing time, there was a blue poster on the
wall with a man with lovely sideburns and a sword in his chest, and without
thinking very much I wipped it off the wall, and rolled it up as quickly as
possible, as I continued upwards. It was only afterwards, when i woke up
the next morning and came downstairs to find the aforesaid poster stuck to
the fridge that I realised what I'd done. In my selfish act, I may have
denied a Kilkenny-goer the delight that is Belle and Sebastian. Someone
else in that pub might have been staggering out, seen that poster, and had
a moment of startling conversion, and gone and bought the album the very
next day.

So even though i am off to foreign climes, I cannot enjoy myself, as I have
such a heavy concience.

Oh God, 5hrs to go....

Bye!

Love Vicky xxxx