Sinister: Hey Preston!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Sep 15 12:23:14 BST 1998

Yesterday I went to the pictures and it was a film and it was Godzilla but I
wasn't frightened. Or anything else for that matter. My advice for listees
would be to wait until it comes on the telly, and then watch the other side.

Keith suggested Manchester as a sootable meeting place, because it is in the
middle. In that case, the Azores would be more appropriate, if a little
impracticle. As a compromise solootion, I vote for Preston. We all know that
nothing ever happens there, so I think it's up to us to MAKE IT HAPPEN! And
why stop at organising a disco? We could have live bands too! The Manics
could split up and then reform especially to play it, and there could be
lots of Welsh groops too, inclooding The Alarm and the Sooper Fluffy
Animals. Don't worry, if you book the bands, they will come. Sarah's
grandmother could introdooce the bands and give a quick clip round the ear
to anyone whoo's not nice, and the whole thing could be called FLUFFYSTOCK!
And Uncle Joe's Mint Balls could keep us all aglow.

The postman just brought me Endless Harmony by the Beach Boys. I haven't
listened to it yet, but I just know it's fucking great.

I finally got round to reading Duke's Cock Fun and UNKLE pieces, and great
fun they were too, although I must confess to a preference for Duke in
full-on ranting mode, such as his piece about Manda Rin's evil fanzine
empire. Unfortunately my internet connection was cut off half way through
reading it, so I'l have to go back and find out what happens. In fact, I
enjoyed it so much that I think I'll order a copy of Duke's book, "Young and
Foolish" for a bit of bedtime reading. I suggest you all do the same. Unless
you already have.

Speaking of bedtime reading, I've been reading a book by a Cuban fellow
called Guillermo Cabrera Infante. It transpires that he's the brains behind
all that "soul hero in his soulmobile" and "blue, blue meanies" dialogue
that appears on "Kowalski" by Primal Scream. What's more, his Siamese cat
(very clever, by the way) was the grandson of George Harrison's Siamese cat.
The book is called "O", it's quite nice, you'd like it.

I think that's everything.

Peter