No subject

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 15 13:24:15 BST 1998

>I second the Preston idea as regards meeting up. I think it's a pretty
>cool town really and there's some decent pubs about and there's Tokyo
>Joes as well which is a cool club, and hey, it's only 20 minutes from
>where i live, so go to Preston!!!!

Preston is fine, but obviously we'll need someone to set it up there - do
we have any volunteers, as I say, I'm happy to sort it in Edinburgh and I
believe Tag is happy to sort it in Manchester if it turns out there but we
don't yet have a volunteer for Preston. Please mail me if you want to hire
a place and organise all the rest of the stuff too. However, any place with
a club named after a Bryan Ferry song is the business for me.
	Just out of interest though, if we were to set it up in Glasgow, would
more people be likely to come? What do people think?

	Peter, you're welcome to set up one in the Azores, but as we're a truly
multinational list, with people from all over the Globe, I've ascertained
that the only fair place to have the party is in the Earth's core - right
in the middle, where large weirdo Dinosaurs, like the ones in Jurassic
Godzilla except with light bulbs for eyes, roam the land. I've already
arranged a Mole Machine to carry us down there, but it only takes 12 people
at a time, so it'll take a bit of time to ferry us all down there. Plus it
only leaves from Edinburgh, so you'll all have to travel there first.
Godzilla does look like complete shit and as usual I'm not gonna go and see
it. Does it have Godzooky or whatever it's called in it?

	Peter (again) I can agree with you that the Duke in full ranting mode is
much more entertaining than the usual fare, Manda Rin really is taking the
"kids" for a ride... what a bitch! That's just the beginning as Bis are
currently attempting, with the profits from their fanzine empire, to buy
all of Glasgow. Rumour has it the next target is that daft Armadillo thing
that's just been built - it's going to be a concert venue for only tiny
"credible" indie bands so's they can play to much larger audiences inside a
giant mammal! (naturally at a cost). And indeed I'm gonna get myself a copy
of the Duke's "Young and Foolish" too. And if you haven't received an order
form for the Duke's book yet (usually on the other side of the scrap of
paper he writes notes on) mail him and I'm sure he'll send you one. I'm
well looking forward to it... When does it actually come out Duke?

	Going back to the meet up situation, we did actually think that perhaps an
entire weekend's holiday or something would be a good idea - but that was
vetoed on the grounds that the chances of more than about three people
turning up were slim. If anyone thinks otherwise please mail your plan to
the list and we can all see what people think. I've had quite a large
number of positive responses for the meet up, so it's looking good at the
moment.

Cheers,
  Keith.