Sinister: Poem/400 Years/Poem/Song/Lumba

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Sep 15 23:44:01 BST 1998

>Quiz: who did the Sarah speaky bit in Dirty Dream #2 in London (clue:
>it wasn't Sarah)? There's a clue in Stuart's email.  Whoever gets the
>answer right first gets to post something saucy and irrelevant
>without me grumbling.

Rodney Trotter
Some fucking knob from a broadsheet
Lenny Waronker
T!A!G!
Naughty Ciara (the smart money's on this one)
The Shepherd
Noel Coward
Gerard zee sound man.

It must be one of the above. God, my English cock cage is killing me! Have I
won? If so, I want a prize. Seriously.

I think the Earth's core would make a great venue for a meet-up, you can
hire those mole machines quite cheaply from Halford's and you don't even
need a driving licence because you're underground so nobody gives a shit.
The problem arises when our friends from Brazil meet our friends from japan
and can't find the brakes and their moley digger things get all ravelled up
with each other and they start spinning round and what have you and before
long there's no more Earth's core and the picnic has to be cancelled. So
maybe Manchester's the best bet. Tag will organise it because he got most
mentions in our hero's kind and thoughtful message.

I love it when singers communicate with their fans by e-mail, it reminds me
of Jeff Buckley promising his fans that they would soon all be making a
bonfire out of ticket stubs, before tragedy befell him. And them, albeit to
a lesser extent. If you go swimming, Stuart, make sure it's in a properly
supervised municipal pool.

Do you know what I bought today? "Grounation" by Count Ossie and the Mystic
Revelation of Rastafari! Bloody hell! My fave track is the 13 minute epic
"Narration". It was cheap, and rightly so. No, I'm sure it'll grow on me.

You're right Nick, the booklet is full of silly mistakes that give the
impression that the band are a bunch of mumbling cretins. I've been really
angry about it for ages, but hadn't said anything for fear of violent
reprisals when I make a boo-boo myself. Pyrenees mountain dog! That's like
saying Scotland Terrier, Alsace, Ireland Wolfhound or Border Collie.

Which broadsheet has got Master Murdoch's dander up in such a charming
manner?

Peter