Sinister: a point-by-point rebuttal/ multiple rubbish bonanza

Hopkins, Tim t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 16 11:22:26 BST 1998

Gawd, I dunno, I live in north west Lancashire for five years, waiting for something to happen,
then when I decide to leave, you lot go and make something happen. Let that be a lesson to me.

Beth wrote:
> And no..he's not some musical idiot...he's worked at a music magazine for 8 years...

hmmm...isn't that the definition of a musical idiot...?

Anyway, Tag wrote:

	I like the idea of a Sinister summer holiday.  We
	could go to Blackpool,  it's famous for fresh and air and fun.

Yes, and watch it all go wrong as the sinister crowd turns to nibbling disco biscuits by mistake
and watches the world twist and become a savage and monstrous place for a cardie-wearer.
This could be fun.
Blackpool is an amazing place of a summer evening, everyone having fun, and the whole town just
one wrong word away from erupting into beer-fuelled violence.
Mind, if you're going to Blackpool, you might as well go to sunny Morecambe (pron: Moricambi),
for that authentic run-down, as-you-stare-through-the-rain feeling. Belle and Sebastian should
play at the Midland Hotel, a faded, flaking art deco marvel, looking out over the mud and grey
water of Morecambe Bay, and the finest building in the North West of England. Honest. The hotel
is shaped something like an apostrophe, too, so it could be educational.

The following sentence requires attention to be paid to its punctuation.

I, like Peter Miller (that cockered, clay-brained varlot), am attracted by the idea of a meet up
in the centre of the earth. We could hold a survey at each of the levels of hell, asking how
many copies of Tigermilk there were at each.
Alternatively, can I suggest that we hold a meet up in Purgatory? I am reliably informed that
discussions in Purgatory just now are running along the lines of 'Next autumn? *Next bloody
autumn?! That's ages...'.

Nick said:
	>On that note, how about at the next concert, putting Stuart's poser to
	>the test.  If we were to remove our clothes, *do* you think the singer
	>would notice?

This very thing happened *just in front* of me and Mr Edward 'Placepot' Mason (the lying,
cheating  underpants rustler), at Nottingham. And the band appeared not to notice at all.

Northy, back from hanging around that garage *again*, wrote:

	>the best trax are, in my humble opinion of course, IIWNTC and TBWTAS

I prefer ICBTBYW, BOTCYTLS and STFU. But that's just me.

Sarah gently opined:

	>Micheal - Tokyo Joes? A GOOD CLUB!!! I'm sorry, are you TWELVE? That's
	>the worst fucking club in the north west!! It's renowned for rapists and
	>perverts and TRENDY DUDE HEAVEN!!!

Are rape and perversion trendy in Preston then? I had guessed that that was the case...

Talking of which, Paul said:

	>Quiz: who did the Sarah speaky bit in Dirty Dream #2 in London (clue:
	>it wasn't Sarah)? There's a clue in Stuart's email.  Whoever gets the
	>answer right first gets to post something saucy and irrelevant
	>without me grumbling.

Was it you, Honey? You incorrigible old self-publicist, you couldn't keep it to yourself, could
you.

A couple of people wrote:

	>tell me the names of unreleased Belle and Sebastian songs

Does 'If Only I Had Lips, Then I Could Kiss You' count? It is, in a very real sense, a Belle and
Sebastian song, although, as diligent list readers know, it was first sung by 'the coolest
cold-blooded crooner on the planet'.
Once again, see:
http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/hypermail/1998-month-02/0111.html
for full details.