Sinister: Lavatory Inspector

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Sep 16 11:49:14 BST 1998

We've just had a visit from the lavatory inspector. I kid you not. He
accused us of leaking inadvertently. Oh well.

All of which has made me forget what I was going to say...oh yes, Keith
asked if Godzooky appears in Godzilla. Yes, he bloody well does, along with
about 200 brothers and sisters, all of which hatch out from their shells in
Madison Square Gardens, and you don't need me to tell you the kind of havoc
they could wreak out on the streets of New York.

Mark Kolmar wrote:

It did seem odd to me that a band which invokes such strong feelings of
being the odd, sensitive kid in school would not do all-ages shows.
("Belle and Sebastian...playing songs for children")  Obviously they have
a decent number of fans under 19 or 18.

I bet it's got more to do with promotors than the band memebers themselves.
It would be a bit difficult for them to vet each venue personally when
they're so far away from home. I suspect there's nothing Stuart Murdoch
likes more than entertaining rooms full of squealing schoolgirls, so I'm
sure he'll be just as upset as the rest of you, and might be persuaded to do
an acoustic spot at your school assembley to redress the balance.

The Casell Dictionary of Slang wrote:

Sarah was grooving off Belle and Sebastian

I'll be first in the queue  for this tome, but I have a sneaking suspicion
that I'll be the only one who doesn't think Sarah is lapping up an enjoyable
dose of retro television. That's what my mum would think anyway.

Beth wrote:

"Wah wah wah..Isobelle's S sound annoy me"  "wah wah
wah...Stuart sings to quiet and i've got to turn up my radio"..."They sound
like this band...they sound like that dead guy."

I thought the thing about S sounds was going a bit too far as well, I mean,
the same thing happens on the bus. As for saying what things sound like, I
don't really have a problem with that, because I don't require 100%
originality, which is just as welll, because it doesn't exist, when you
think something sounds like nothing on earth it's usuually because you
haven't heard what it sounds like. So, at least for me, it's just a bit of
fun, and in no way a criticism of the band or anything like that. You've got
to pick a pocket or two.

McRagtag McRote

Scropton
is conveniently located, a matter of minutes from East Midlands
International Airport.  Our very own Little Peter Miller, himself a
native of the area, surely spent many happy days there as a youth,
playing snakes and ladders, headers and volleys, doctors and nurses and
other carefree childhood pursuits.

Indeed, East Mid (to its friends) airport played a formative role in my
childhood, mainly as the destination of choice for ridiculously long bike
rides. Headers and volleys rules. I watched Real Sociedad against Sparta
Prague last night, two of my adopted teams. It was good, better than
Godzilla. I don't know where Scropton is. Has it got a shop?

I think that's it for now,

Peter