Sinister: unreleased, unpopular, unfunny

Reid reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Wed Sep 16 13:59:11 BST 1998

Adding to the "unreleased songs" list:
> 1. London Has Let Me Down Again.
> 2. Hurleys Having Dreams.
> 3. Pocket-Book Angel.
> 4. The Loneliness Of A Middle Distance Runner.
> 5. Tigermilk (instrumental).
> 6. Modern Rock Song.
> 7. Slow Graffiti.
> 8. Rhoda.
> 9. Wrong Love.
> 10.  I Know Where The Summer Goes.

Thank's to Stuart M.'s post (btw., I can't think of many other lists
where the main songwriter pipes in with a few thoughts), we can now add
"Paper Boat" to this list.  Or can we?  None of us have heard
it...Stuart singing?  Should I be frightened?

So that makes 11 unreleased songs, 6 of which I've heard.  Putting my
genius math skills to work, that's more than half.  An exercise in
futility, but here goes: If anyone could tape Loneliness, Rhoda and
Summer for me, I'd truly appreciate it.  Maybe that Stuart Murdoch can
tape them for me since he's a newbie and therefore easily taken
advantage of.

One "Jess" said:

> b&s are not as big as they should be here in the states.

Don't say that!  If it comes true you'll be really sorry.  Think of all
the people you hate and imagine them saying, "Dude! Let's get drunk and
listen to Aerosmith and Belle and Sebastian!"  Is that really what you
want?  Is it?  IS IT?!

I have another entry for a product that Jeepster can prepare for the day
when Belle and Sebastian are wholeheartedly ready to sell out.  "Stars
of Track and Field" for the Playstation.  Kids of all ages can pick
their favorite B&S band member and go head-to-head in a themed
decathalon..."Throw the Clock Around" (discus), "I Could Be Vaulting",
etc.  Maybe a few other sports could be added, too: "We Rule the Pool",
"The Skate that I Am In", "Skeeting Other People", etc.  Maybe I'll
start my own company.  You'll find "Stars..." in the catalog in between
the stuffed, snow-covered foxes and B&S logo arab straps.

~Reid

--
"I told myself I'd head to someplace exotic, Portland maybe or Tacoma,
Washington, but deep down I knew that once my bags were packed, I'd