Sinister: Paper Boat

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Wed Sep 16 15:14:52 BST 1998

I got my some of my holiday photo's developed yesterday.  I look
particularly furious in most of them, sort of like a scary tink.
There's some lovely one's of some of you lot.  Particularly Ooon in the
robin hood hat.  Come back Oon, I miss you.  Ooon.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooon.  Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.  Oon's real
name is Yingluck and Thai ghosts just have heads and intestines.  I have
a cracker of the gorgeous Pam Berry, standing right next to that strange
cow fur wallpaper in the Marcus Gravy center.  To her right, Steady Mike
is trying to sneak by, and to her left the famous miss julia looks like
she is doing eric morcambe doing that thing with his arm when he's
having a sly gulp of his ginger.  Ho ho.  Here, was that an ink
polaroid?  I didn't mean to do that,  shite.  Speaking of Eric Morcambe,
you should have heard Pam singing in Trousers flat after we went
bowling.  What a sweet voice.  She's brilliant.  Trousers has a big
picture of a naked man with a semi stiffy above his couch, just right
about ear height.  That's in the next set of photees which I havnae got
developed yet.  But I will.  Uh-huh.

Stuart Murdoch:
But we recorded a song when we got back called Paper Boat that Stuart
wrote and sang!

Brilliant.  I'm quite partial to paper boats, they're the only thing I
can origami.  But folk usually say "that's a lovely hat" and put it on
their head and I'm like "You've got a boat on your head, you look really
silly".  Humph.   My great uncle Davie taught me how to make them when I
was four.  Sadly, he died yesterday, so I really hope it's a nice song.
 Balfron (where I'm from) sits on the banks of the River Endrick which
flows into Loch Lomond, where Take the High Road the classic Scottish
Soap is set.  I remember, after learning how to make a paper boat I ran
down to the river, set it sailing down the river then ran home to watch
take the high road, and see if my little paper boat was on the telly.
And it wasn't, but I told great Uncle Davie it was.

melancholy chris