Sinister: Woolies' chart position

Anastasia Signoretta Anastasia_Signoretta at xxx.com
Wed Sep 16 17:05:38 BST 1998

re: where you can buy belle and sebastian records in the states.

i did buy my copy of 'if you're feeling sinister' in an 'indie' shop (other
music in new york city) but my brother purchased his in the virgin
megastore, if i'm not mistaken.  so you *can* indeed find b+s things in the
big stores in the us (virgin even had an import copy of '3.6.9' for a hefty
$14).  then again, this is new york and not the middle-of-wherever...but
then *again*, don't all those chain stores sell the same stuff all over the
place anyway?  i do think that 'arab strap' will have better distribution
now that the band is signed to matador here (a 'big' indie label) and their
artists tend to do 'well' in an indie sense-of-the-word.

anyhow...i have many thoughts on this and other things, but i am at work
now and they do keep me busy here.

by the way, my name is anastasia. i joined this list yesterday, on the
suggestion of my lovely friend lorraine (hi lorry).  there were 40 messages
in my 'in' box this morning and only three of them were work-related.   i
work in new york and live...nearby, hullo to all the nyc listees,
especially francisco.  oh, and if you read my signature, please don't hold
my occupation against me...a girl has to eat.

cheers, stasia

anastasia signoretta
atlantic records
international media relations