Sinister: Woolies' chart position

will grey tridophelom at xxx.com
Wed Sep 16 18:25:25 BST 1998

> It seems to me
>pointless arguing the pros and cons, and no I don't accept that
everyone
>who works for a major record company is evil. Not one bit. I don't
believe
>in people actually being evil at all come to that, perhaps misguided is
>better word.
my own mail was a bit confusing as well, but i would like to make one
more small point:  while the individuals working in giant corporate
entities may very well be misguided rather than evil, i feel safe in
saying that virtually all corporations are evil entities.  once a
company gets fairly sizeable, it begins to act pretty darned darth
vaderish, aggressively destroying smaller companies, using their vast
amounts of money to invest in similar darth vaderish companies, shipping
out work to countries where you are allowed to pay employees absurdly
low wages and often literally work them to death...  it's a scary world
we live in, and their most certainly is a point in talking about such
things...  i use the term "the man" to make fun of my self just a little
bit, but i really do, at the same time believe everything i say...
buying your b&s album at a giant chain may seem fairly innocuous and it
IS to a certain degree, but on the other hand, living your life in such
a way that you are constantly giving your cash to DARTH VADER is a
genuinely bad thing to do.  i'm not calling any individuals evil (tho,
i've met my share of folks who, whether evil or not, are certainly
causing many others great pain on a regular basis), but these vast
corporate entities act as EVIL INDIVIDUALS with no morality whatsoever.
For some reason, in the 90's you are allowed to excuse immoral behavior,
by calling it "good business".  what happened to ideals, anyhow?  i'm
not so naive that i think my ideals will ever be fully realized, but
ideals are things to be strived for, not necessarily to be reached...

sorry, i know you weren't responding to me specifically, but i certainly
do feel like i am part of a significant us vs. them battle, and i have
seen corporations make my individual world significantly less enjoyable
on a regular basis...