Sinister: Lib�rez Florence Rey !

Julien Boeldieu grabutcho at xxx.com
Thu Sep 17 11:10:44 BST 1998

Hello everyone !

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah ! Yesterday... Good day, sunshine. All my troubles
seemed so far away. No rain at all.
You think something like :
"Wake up it's a beautiful morning
Feel the sun shining for your eyes (...)
so WAKE UP BOO !
There's so many thing for us to do" :)
and then you
realize that today you have to wait at home for a man from the
electricity company
to come. And of course he came at 18 o'clock. :(

Yesterday I listened
to "If you're feeling sinister" for the first time since the middle of
august. And I felt
very strange. Each songs gave me such thrills... I never felt like
that, except
when I'm in the arm of a certain girl I know (elle se reconnaîtra).
Especially
"Fox in the snow". I was almost asleep and I had strange
hallucinations. I
felt so close to the band... I really believed they were playing live in
my room and that Stuart was whispering in my ears. And the way he
sings "You're going up,
you're going down / You're going nowhere" made me laugh. It feels as
if he's chewing bubble-gum.
"Stars of track and field" and "Seeing other people" are really
exceptionnal, blazing songs.
Well... I really LOVE TWATTYBUS (by the way, have you noticed that they
were less piano on it ?). Believe me. I don't want to make any silly
and meaningless comparisons, but "If you're feeling sinister" is
untouchable.

******************************
Private joke.
"Oh I'll settle down with some old story
About a boy who's just like me
Thought there was love in everything and everyone
You're so naive !"
(Get me away from here, I'm dying).
Chers Belle and Sebastian, comment faites-vous pour écrire des paroles
aussi
pertinentes sur une musique aussi géniale ? ;)
******************************

All my thoughts go today to Florence Rey, who is being killed in some
french jails and
whose trial is beginning today. Here, in France, when a cop kills
someone (especially if
the victim is black), he's acquitted and set free. When a 18 years old
girl kills
some cops, she has to die in jail in inhuman conditions. :( As we say
here : "Police everywhere, justice nowhere".
"Ooh ! Get me away from here I'm dying
Play me a song to set me free"... If only that was so simple...

Kisses to everyone,

Love to the sweet Jonny (I'll drink some good Burgundy, thinking of
you, silly boy) ;), **Megan**, Julie and Aude,

Julien, sometimes very angry.

PS : je sais bien que la liste n'est absolument pas faite pour ça mais
j'en profite pour signaler aux listees parisiens qu'une manif anti-FN
partira ce samedi de République à 14 heures. Et après, on ira guincher
follement sur de la musique de jeunes à Nation. D'ailleurs, si ça
pouvait être l'occasion de rencontrer quelques-uns d'entre vous...
Contactez-moi sur mon e-mail.
==
"Je ne remets jamais à demain ce que je peux
faire le surlendemain"
                                       ** Alphonse Allais **