Sinister: Squash pigs and music snobs ( and a really bad pun)

kenny kenny at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 18 15:05:22 BST 1998

Hi ya all,
I thought that it was my turn to add something to the arguement of the day,
the advert of the day, the anti woolies campaign, and a new eagle/seagull
twist;

1. I want to see B&S on TOTP, they want to be on TOTP ( just see the mini
interview with Stevie in Select magazine beside the review).
It will show everyone that I know, that I was right.
I walked into college with IYFS on the day of release and put it on the
common room stereo, and then it was promptly taken off and replaced by some
"homie" (aka ganster rap) toss. They just didn't get it.
Dog on wheels didn't work with them either. However it did convert my
Grandparents, who thought it was lovely, and my grandmother then lost the
plot a bit when she decided that it was the original music to the tv
series.
Lazy Jane started to work. They actually heard it on Radio 1, and realised
I was a one man cult.
And with 369 people really started to listen. La pastie had everyone in the
room moving! Even my friends who like only dance music were impressed. And
it entered the charts!
B&S will always be "my" band, but I'm happy trying to spread the word to
the deaf. So please stop being such boring museo snobs, be happy that you
were there first, but also be happy that the band are reaching more people

2. On a much lighter note the pig was advertising Colemans mustard. And
what is even funnier than this puppet pig singing, is the ending. It gets
squashed by a giant jar of the stuff!

3. When are the 4 tracks that Isobel played on the Treehouse going to come
out?

4. If Woolies won't take the same discount deals on the album as the other
stores then Jeepster and those connected to the distribution of the record
are right not to give into them. The only town I know of that Woolies is
the only place to sell records, is Bexhill and everyone there is on death's
doorstep. If need be, use mail order or the internet.

Would you love me as a beagle,
Would you love me till I'm dead
Or is there someone else instead.

(sorry had to try and end with a joke)
Jake

Ps My 15 year old sister hates all 3 albums so we are safe for now!