Sinister: Matador has Seymour Stein and I don't

Birjinder Anant bsanant at xxx.com
Thu Sep 17 16:39:34 BST 1998

Hi everyone,

I just want to complain about Matador a bit...I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD
TBWTAS YET...here's how this developed:

	A few weeks ago, I moved from Berkeley back home to Texas until the end
of the month, when I am leaving for school at Sussex.  So knowing in
advance that I wouldn't be able to find the album in my hometown (and I
HAVEN'T), I decided to order it directly from Matador, one CD and one
LP.  I called them up on the 2nd of September, and they said "We'll have
it to you in 1-2 weeks, for sure before 2 weeks"  I wanted to get it
sooner than 2 weeks, but I settled for that because I had no choice.

	I called them occasionally to see if they had sent it yet, and of
course they hadn't, they just said "It's just so hectic here, etc" and
they kept on pushing back the date...to over three weeks!  Since I'm
leaving very soon, I finally decided to order it from Amazon, which will
take them 2-3 days.  I was hesitant to do that, b/c I they don't carry
the LP.  The moral of my story is that I find Matador mail order pretty
repugnant...can the person from Matador explain why they've taken so
long and why the mail order people lie so much (the last time I talked
to them I told them that I had to leave in a week and he promised to get
it out for sure by then, like he was doing me a favor, and I found out
yesterday that they still haven't shipped it).  It's terrible, isn't it?

Take care,
Birjinder