Sinister: Hand claps galore!!

carly marcoux idoruzine at xxx.com
Thu Sep 17 16:39:58 BST 1998

Hey all!!!

Just walked into HMV yesterday and went straight away to the counter (i
had no time for fun-- my mind was set!) to ask for TBWTAS... and the
girl was like "what?" and i was like "what? you don't know them?" really
tho, she looked it up in the computer and she couldn't find a thing... i
had seen the single there so i knew that they HAD to have it and -- of
course -- it took me two seconds to point it out! wow!
wowwowoowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sandrastarling
and i got our first earful last night and figured we had to give it a
few listens to see if we could love it as much as IYFS ... but, already,
i am in love with the beautiful handclaps in TBWTAS and the wicked
melody in "sleep the clock around" woweeeee!
Have to catch up on all my posts now! Gotta go! Love ya listees! See ya
in T.O.!!!

xx listee sammi!

>From owner-sinister at majordomo.net Thu Sep 17 08:18:34 1998
>From: "PJMiller" <pjmiller at xxx.es>
>Subject: Sinister: I am behind You, I am a Tiger!
>Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 17:01:44 +0200
>

>Wasn't that an Abba song? I think so. Anyway, that is neither saucy nor
>irrelevant. And neither is this:
>
>Tag wrote:
>
>(Erlend, a dead ringer for Dennis Pennis, did an impromptu impression
of
>Isaac Hayes in "South Park")
>
>One or two of you might remember that I am a huge Isaac Hayes fan,
mainly
>because he makes me feel good about balding. Although Uncle Isaac was
very
>popular until the late(ish) seventies ("I'm gonna have another go at
>disco!"), until recently he has been _fairly_ obscure and, quite
frankly,
>unavailable in Woolies. This is the second time in recent weeks I have
seen
>reference to Black Moses (as he is known to his fans) in connection
with
>something called "South Park". I don't know what "South Park" is, and
if I'm
>perfectly honest, I don't bloody want to either. But what I do need to
know
>is whether it will be necessary for me to disown Isaac Hayes and claim
that
>I liked him much more when he was bankrupt? That'll teach me to like
people
>who aren't dead!
>
>Gerard the sound man, eh? Zat must 'av bin good. I was sure it was
going to
>have been (what a bizarre grammatical spaghetti junction!) Ciara. Have
you
>managed to subscribe properly yet? If not, ignore me.
>
>Adrian Evans admitted:
>
>Just bought NME.
>
>Where did you buy it from, Adrian? I hope it was an independent outlet,
not
>John Menzies or WHSmiths.
>
>News In Brief : Belle & Sebastian, Primal Scream, The Chemical
Brothers,
>Arab Strap and The Verve are among artists featured on the soundtrack
of The
>Acid House...blah blah blah The soundtrack....features four previously
>unreleased songs from.......Belle and Sebastian (Floral
Graffitti).....Que
>????
>
>Don't worry kids, Uncle Pete is here to save the day. It's that film
>festival time of year again, and on Saturday night I shall be donning
my
>gladdest rags to go and see "The Acid House", starring Stuart Murdoch
as a
>troubled troubador in search of an english cock cage with magical
powers.
>I'm not sure, but I'm hoping it's not out yet in the rest of the
civilised
>world, so I'll be able to gloat and not tell anybody anything about it.
>
>Mark Cassarato wrote:
>
>I'm also concerned about my New York trip now. I go and buy the bloody
>tickets, then Peter reveals all about the hundreds of monsters roaming
>the streets! Belle and Sebastian are a band who must have literally
>dozens of fans unwilling to be eaten by dinosaurs - you'd have thought
>they would have been thoughtful enough to play somewhere where this
>wasn't an issue
>
>You're taking this matter very lately, Mark. If you'd done your
homework you
>would have known that those footprints are far too big to have come
from a
>dinosaur trapped in a time warp. Besides, B&S aren't playing in Madison
>Square Gardens yet, although I for one CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEY DO!
>
>Keith wrote:
>
>It was like 14.99 in Fopp, and 11.99 in HMV.
>
>Fopp's wierd, isn't it? They have huge piles of Goldie double albums
for a
>fiver, and "The Best Dressed Chicken in Town" by Doctor Alimantado for
>16.99! Guess which one I wanted? In fact, during my latest survey of UK
>record outlets, I noticed that it was dead easy to find crap, but dead
hard
>to find what you want at a reasonable price. I have a feeling it's the
same
>throughout the world. Depends what you're after I suppose. I also
noticed
>that formerly tiny indie shops are turning into imitation HMVs by the
>barrel-load,  with those bloody stupid display cases out front.
Leicester's