Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V2 #357

Benjamin M. Poremski benjamin at xxx.com
Thu Sep 17 22:20:08 BST 1998

Lorraine put it mildly:

> anastasia's right!  some friends of ours went to see b&s twice last year
>
> - -once at angel oresanz, a remodeled CATHEDRAL

Prior to the events of one summer eve in the 15th century it was in fact a
synagogue down there on Norfolk Street in LOISADA, but the wicked Spanish
King turned out the inhabitants and forked the deed over to the papacy,
who decided on a luscious new look: everything was covered over with
damask and white canvas and a bowling alley and a cool bath house went
into the basement. A cathedral of degeneracy it was.

Then a brash sculptor bought the place and wrecked it, and let crap indie
bands treat it like a VFW Hall.

> - -once at studio 54 (for a pbs special.)

Ooh, I was at this one. What a sparkling night, Cristal and Cocaine, Henry
Kissinger dancing with George Chinaglia, Bianca dancing with Gordon
Bradley, Arne Carlson dancing with Shep Messing's Peruvian Honey Bear,
Mingo. Blaze Starr was there. Andy was there. Supporting acts were the
Trammp's and Vickie Sue Robinson, and wee Chris Geddes lay on a red
leatherette settee with his head in Jackie Earl Haley's lap. A night not
to be missed, or so we thought until Bela Sebastian took the stage in its
Halston, wrecked on reds and whatnot. Abe Beame said in his autobiography
that the police presence required to evacuate the surrounding area is what
sent Gotham on the path to bankruptcy.

> new york city rocks da house!

Fuck yeah! Say, can anyone tape me a copy of the Don Cartagena LP
'Pussy Leche' that the kids at Hostos Community College released as a
class project in 1994?

Yours truly,

Benjamin