Sinister: Toronto Show

petula twinkle at xxx.net
Thu Sep 17 23:32:27 BST 1998

Just some info:

Got my tickets, they're $19.75 each with service charge if you go in person.
As of 11 a.m. this morning, about 250 tickets had sold.  Not sure if that's
just all list people rushing to get theirs, but it would appear that it's
selling fairly quickly.

No support act printed on the ticket, but I had a peek as the info came on
the pooter screen and it looks like the dreadful Spooky Reuben is opening.
Perhaps he will do his famous yodelling song! That would be a treat.

Anyone looking to stay in a hotel, I'd suggest the Executive Motor Hotel at
621 King St. W (at Bathurst), 416 504-7441. It's a short cab ride away and
the cheapest I've seen (except for hostels of course). At roughly $75
(double occupancy) a night, it's a lot better than the $139 or so you tend
to pay at places like Days Inn, etc., especially since parking is free. And
you also get free coffee & donuts in the morning! The Legendary Jim Ruiz
Group stayed there once and they were quite happy, so there's a vote of
confidence for you.

counting the days,
elisabeth xx

p.s. if anyone's interested, Fantastic Plastic Machine are playing a free
show at Lava on Thursday, October 8th. You'd have to be mad to pass up this
wonderful Japanese band. I think they kick Pizzicato Five in the butt, and I
like P5, so that's saying a lot.

p.p.s. Also, Air are playing at Lee's on Tues. October 20 for $12.50. What's
with this flux of cool shows? A dry spell of months on end, and now this.