Sinister: toronto show, high fidelity, reviews, zines, wow

vlass at xxx.com vlass at xxx.com
Fri Sep 18 02:15:03 BST 1998

i am jumping around excitedly in a circle with matthew, jessica and
elisabeth about the belle and sebastian show! yay!

looks like i was lucky too - i managed to snag my toronto tickets for the
whopping low price of $17.50. it was at rotate this at queen and bathurst,
and i was told they still have a whole bunch left... well, that was at noon
-- perhaps by now they're gone.

so, are we going to have a picnic before or after? i vote yes yes yes!

elisabeth was right about all these exciting toronto shows -- low and ida
are next wednesday at the horseshoe -- everyone, go!

gee, there has been such an increase in postings these days! i can barely
read through all of them before i discover another 30 or so kicking around
in my in-box. hello to all the newcomers -- the bathroom is down the stairs,
to your right and there are free drinks and cookies in the fridge by the
door (am i the only one who likes cold cookies? mmmmm)

who has read "high fidelity" by nick hornby? it's so much fun -- read this
excerpt!

"Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands -- literally thousands --
of songs about broken hearts and rejection and pain and misery and loss. The
unhappiest people I know, romantically speaking, are the ones who like pop
music the most; and I don't know whether pop music has caused this
unhappiness, but I don know that they've been listening to the sad songs
longer than they've been living the unhappy lives."

does this apply to our "legion of bedroom saddo devotees"? come on, don't be
shy to admit it!

hmmm, what else -- oh yes, shameless plug.. the newest issue of my zine is
out now. it's called -melt the snow- and i have a horribly pathetic q&a with
mark from jeepster in it. i asked really stupid questions (i.e boring) so
don't order it for that interview, order it for the other stuff! there's
writing about.. hmm, lots of things. email me for details, okay? i really
like trading too.

guess what? i started university, joined the newspaper and my first
assignment is to write a review for TWATTYBUS due.. umm.. tomorrow. sigh, i
have to get cracking on that -- i just realized that it won't be a very
*objective* review since i am hopelessly in love with the album..

anyway, if you're still here, thanks for reading this among the hundreds of
other messages!

teri xx

ps... a big hello to all the #sinisterines i haven't seen lately. i hope
you're all doing well, and maybe i'll see you soon :)