Sinister: Debate

rap101 rap101 at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 18 12:21:32 BST 1998

Anyone else adore A Summer Wasting?

Re. one of the current topics of debate: IF b&s are suddenly cool and
getting chart or whatever, and people buy their records to boost their
indie cred, then so what? These people will either grow to genuinely
like them (and I defy most people not to) or they will leave them
festering at the back of their CD collection, which does no harm to
the band as they've got a record sale out of it, and no harm to the
fans. There are many reasons to be into a band, but the thing
that will always keep at least some people interested throughout the
ups and downs of popularity is the MUSIC. If you love the music,
nothing else matters. I don't think I would even notice if b&s had a
number one single, except that I'd get to hear it a lot on the radio.
And hurrah for that. Luv Archel x

Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk
http://members.tripod.com/~RPlayforth/welcome.htm