Sinister: What came first - L!VE TV or P!O!P! ?

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Fri Sep 18 13:38:31 BST 1998

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 17:00:09 +0100 (BST)
From: Honey <honey at xxx.net>
Subject: Sinister: stuart murdoch the insect hater

>I have to report, hastily, on the Is A Cricket Not A Pear? video,
>which as Katrina tastily told us UK people, was on Alternative Nation
>on MTV on Tuesday night.  I'm surprised noone else mentioned it, but
>I completely forgot I'd taped it too, and did a little shuffle with
>the remote control last night.

I too saw the video for Isn't Cricket just for Squares, but am ashamed
to admit I missed the Jacques Cousteau opening.  Little was I to know
it would be the first song of the night, so I daredevilishly thought I
could catch the end of Pocket Topless Darts on L!VE TV and then switch
over in time.  After flicking, imagine my shock when a channel
integrity fault on the television led to an apparent scene of a bare
breasted Chris Geddes missing double top completely and hitting Sarah
on the bottom.  I assumed this was why she was hiding up a tree for
the rest of the video whilst Mick rushed to defend her honour on the
ramparts.  It was a lot of fun.
Nice to see Isobel's big expensive lion again, too.  My friends that I
went to Shepherd's Bush with thought she seemed a bit mean and moody,
but I told them it was a nervous reaction and that she was just a big
baby.  The lion should clinch the argument.

Mike Reid wrote:

>I think they're already at the point where they will be remembered
for a long time, but I don't
> really see them getting huge.  Although I do think they'll get bigger
> than any of us think they will.

Reid - how can you think they will get bigger than you think they
will? That's crazeee talk.

Nick xxx