Sinister: Athens Athens Athens!

Steven Jay Goldman mrswanky at xxx.com
Fri Sep 18 15:07:59 BST 1998

Heya fellow list people...

Seeing how B&S are being so gracious as to hit the South on this
whirlwind tour of the States, how about we greet them en masse by
meeting up pre-show for a drink?  I'm open to suggestions, since there
may be some folks not old enough to partake.  The Taco Stand is great
for those strapped for cash, and Gyland's makes a mean quesadilla; the
Bluebird is great vegetarian food, and The Grill...well...the Grill is
just da bomb.  Burgers and malts at their best.

Any ideas?  Forward them on to me, as well as letting me know who wants
to make a gathering out of all this, and I can serve as the
coordinator-of-sorts...

On a few side notes, if you've never heard the Squirrel Nut Zippers
(which seems a little unlikely by now), from what I hear, their new
album blows the pants off of the swing/ska craze going on now with the
bands like the Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
Apparently, a lot of critics panned it for taking their music in other
directions than what fashion is dictating...  Ah, well, I don't care,
I'll still see them Saturday when they're in town...

Also, anyone have a copy of the opening credits song from "The Greatest
American Hero"?  I've been thinking about that here and there, and it's
getting maddening singing it to myself without ever getting to hear
it...

One last thing...for those of you either in Atlanta, or GOING to be in
Atlanta before Halloween, Dad's Garage (a local theater company) is
premiering "Cannibal!  The Musical!" by Trey Parker and Matt Stone (the
creators of South Park).  Tickets are $12-$15, and it runs from Sept.
18th until Halloween night.  It's a musical COMEDY about the only
person to ever be convicted of cannibalism.  According to the director,
it's a bit like "Friday the 13th, Part II" meets "Oklahoma!", so make of
that what you will.

Email me for any of the above stuff, and keep it fuzzy, bunnies!
--Steve
mrswanky at hotmail.com
http://tswww.cc.emory.edu/~sgold06/