Sinister: Paris gig

Stephane Buron sburon at xxx.fr
Fri Sep 18 19:05:42 BST 1998

Hi !
Well, I havent posted much for the last few weeks, because of real life
once again (the more I live, the more i hate real life... have you ever
had this feeling yourself???). It's good to hear from jon g. again.
Maybe you'll find it strange, but i'll always remember one of his posts,
last year : he told us he prefers to stay home listening to some good
music with bethey rather to go and dance in crowded and noisy clubs.
Remember?  Anyway... I went to the Divine Comedy gig in Paris two days
ago. It was good, very good. You might think there is no Belle and
Sebastian content but there is : he played at La Cigale, where our
beloved glaswegians are going to play in a few weeks. Neil Hannon even
played two or three acoustic songs, and I was surprised by the silence
in the audience : I hope it will be the same when B&S play 'cause I
share the Duke's point of view. I hate when people chat during concerts
(and it often happens in venues like this one...) And I was wondering :
apart from the French of the list, who will come to the Paris gig? I
mean, will any English popkid be there? I'd love to organize kind of
meeting before the gig and meet some of you again, so if you're
interested, dont hesitate to answer...
Last thought, even if it has been said before. You all know the lyrics
of Rollercoaster Ride, "Looking out the window at the city below,
Looking out the window, full of fun and sorrow"... The first time I've
heard these lines, I thought about the booklet picture of Lazy Line
Painter Jane : i guess it's a coincidence, but we never know...

Well, that's it for tonight, have a lovely week-end and take care, we
love you all,

Stephane