Sinister: Breaktime-Is it a biscuit?Or maybe a bar? Who can be sure...

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Fri Sep 18 21:37:39 BST 1998

Mark wrote:
<<BTW, although I would never buy any music from Woolies they are the best
>sourse I've found of Pez, in the UK - so all credit to them for that ;)

I'm amazed that people continue to buy these things! I've toyed with the idea
of buying one on my frequent trips to fellate The Man in Woolies, but I
haven't got round to it. Do some people really need a small machine to get
sweets from the packet into their mouths? I suspect that they have another,
more nepherious purpose which my innocent mind can't quite understand.
        None the less B&S pez machines appeal massively.  The Spice Girls did
little Cadbury's  Wildlife bars with a Spice Girl etched on each bar, and
spice facts on the wrapper. We should have them too, except the band would
probably be to shy to appear on the bars and send a friend to do it instead.
AND THE POINT WAS...
yep, that's it. I know this isn't the best time to ask, but I'm desperate to
know at the moment:
In 1996 some dj or other played some song or other by some scottish band or
other, every night, for a month or so. We all know what happened next. But
what happened to Dimanche Desue (phonetic spelling, sorry real french people),
a one man band type, who at the same time, sang a lovely melancholy song
called 'C'est Absent' (again, sorry, I can understand french, but not when
it's said with a Bolton accent, on a crackly wireless)
I tried to find it once when I went to france, but just got sneered at. So, is
this availiable in England? What is the bloke's real name? Am I really the
only person who likes it?
           I played the Mike Reid fruit machine yesterday, and it's better
than I thought it could be. It contains no references to Runaround, but if you
get three Cockney Wankers in a row, you win £3.50. And Frank occasionally
invites you to 'take my advice'.
         Not in that jacket, Mike.
seb