Sinister: US SoundScan Position(indie stock)

azriel kwl96 at xxx.edu
Sat Sep 19 16:54:43 BST 1998

At 4:14 -04009/19/98, N Leggatt wrote:
[>well i was very disappointed in Best Buy when the 8th rolled around.
[...
[had sinister,which is where i got sinister) and he told me that they were
["not going to carry it" . as in "never" and that was not cool.  <
[
[that doesn't surprise me.  but my locally owned & operated friendly
[neighborhood record store doesn't even have a b&s _section_.  i got arab
[strap from amazon.com.  a great resource for small town dwellers, this
["internet" and "web" thing the kids are into these days...
[
[N
[__

hmm. i got my copy from a big fat "new releases" display that had about 50
of 'em at newbury comics in amherst massachusettes.
it only cost me $11, because they mark down all their new releases to $11.
see, i had like $30 just in case i could only find the UK release.
i was actually surprised that i found it so easily.
and i'm not really sure whether to consider newbury comics an indie store
or not. they basically started out as an indie store in boston, but have
since branched out over massachusettes. same thing with mystery train.

hmmm.

-kerry (just woke up. don't really know what i just typed)

"well it comes with the hurt and the guilt and the memories. if i had to
take them with me i would never leave my bed . . . (do you really think you
keep it all that well hid?) no, but i travel light."
	-tindersticks, "travelling light"