Sinister: notes from a rude grrrl

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Mon Sep 21 04:57:13 BST 1998

hello boys and girls

allright, so i was a little mean the other day (or just saying what
everyone else thought, depending on who you asked) when i ranted a bit
about reading the faq et al.  well, i'm still having issues with getting 80
million emails a day (and *please* only write one or two a day of more than
one line!!!!) but honey paul (aka ps mitchell to you newbies) was kind
enough to point that out.  so i'm trying to relax a bit.  but anyway, there
were a couple people who have been making me feel so lovely, all with their
first posts.  mr/ms c hall beguiled me into reading their full post, and
i've been quite happy with julien boudreau's posts as well.  charming
newbies.  i guess i'm trying to say that i love this mailing list, it's
frightening to think how many of my friends are on it, whether i met them
beforehand or afterwards.  and i've met so many people who are now
important to me through it....  urk, i sound silly i fear.  but please, try
to get a feel for the list and then write uniquely in a way that fits in.
sorry for the rather serious nature of this post.  i'm tired and a little
annoyed right now, though i must say that the picnic this afternoon was
utterly wonderful and i'm so glad to have met all you new folk, and that
there *will* be further nyc picnics in the future.  i'll try to post
something about it tomorrow.

xox
megan

ps, as there seems to be an interest in tigermilk, perhaps we should put
together another system whereby someone hooks up people willing to *tape*
copies with people who'd like one.  i'll do it if no one else volunteers
too.  but *please* discuss this with me rather than the list.

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu

visit the magnetic fields web page at:
http://www.dissemination.com/megan/magneticfields/