Sinister: The weekend's television highlights

Kevan Cooke kcooke at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 21 12:14:00 BST 1998

Firstly there was evidence that "Watchdog" have been eavesdropping on
Sinister since I complained to them about CDZone (and they never invited me
on the telly either).  Not only did they have an article about the reduced
number of tracks now allowed on a single (which was the subject of protracted
discussions here a while ago), but the same presenter then embarked on a
separate article on the subject of golfing attire.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Robbie then shimmied his way onto Top of the Pops in blank underpants and a
gold see-through dress.  This did not make me sigh, but did make me think
about going to see him at Wembley next February where he will be supported
by our old favourites The Divine Comedy, are you up for that one Rod?

Did anyone else catch any of the Bee-Gees special on Saturday?  Hairy and
overrated Antipodean chancers, or glorious Gods of funky seventies pop?
I remain undecided.

Who said that it's not really Isaac Hayes on South Park?  Isn't that a bit
like telling children that there is no Santa?  Of course it's Isaac Hayes.

I seem to remember going to Hastings once and finding a decent pub there,
so it can't be that bad.  Don't think I've ever been to Bognor though, so
I couldn't comment.  Broadstairs on the Kent coast is my favourite seaside
town, because it has been constructed specifically for pub crawls where you
end up unconscious on the beach.  A beach is far better than a flower bed.
As long as the tide doesn't come in of course.

Kevan
The Fat Slug