Sinister: Weekend-ah

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Mon Sep 21 15:26:38 BST 1998

Hello Mariah Carey fans,

John Johnstone wrote:

>I love the idea of a load of us taking over a campground or Butlins
>for a super-soaraway Soul Weekender for this meet-up thing. But we
>would need an awful lot of people. Still if it's in a Pub in Preston
>or a Bordello in Bathgate can we please call it the Sinister Soul
>Weekender - it'd a be a great name.

Well, we were thinking of "Booty Bounce", or "Mental as anything", but
yes, I like this suggestion very much.  Whilst we're on the subject,
Manchester seems to moving ahead in the popularity stakes.  Now we need
to settle a date.  Personally, I'm all for sometime around Christmas/New
Year, which would have some kind of symmetry, it being the anniversary
of the Town Hall shows and all.  Suggestions to Keef or myself as usual.

Katrina wrote:

>just a quick one for you all, seeing as the mailing list has grown so
>much recently, thought you'd all appreciate a recap on the US
>tour dates
>
>Toronto -
>Saturday 24th October @ Opera House - capacity 800, 735 Queen Street
>East, Toronto, ONT, M4M 1H1. Tickets cost US$ 14.00 (i think)

Dear me, Katrina, when did this happen?  I know I should watch the news
more often and keep more abreast of current affairs, but I was on the
phone to Toronto last night and my little maple syrup cake made no
mention of a US invasion.  Has Bill Clinton made the ultimate bid to
save his flagging popularity?  Bill, there really was no need, now that
all Americans can sleep soundly in their beds, because Mark Cassarato
likes them after all.

Finally, here's a list of things I never want to see on Sinister again.

1.	Lists

That is all,
Love tag xxx