Sinister: Newbie on Shepherd's Bush

Dom 95djb2 at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 21 18:03:15 BST 1998

Hi people!
Yet another posting from a newbie - you're probably all getting sick of
this.  Just a few comments on the Shepherd's Bush gig (a bit late I know
but it's taken me this long to read all the mails since then and actually
have time to respond).

Does anyone know what the last song they played was? It was instantly
familiar in the way that old Eurovision songs that you can't get out of
your head are, so much so that I'm beginning to suspect it  _was_ an old
Eurovision song?

Whoever said their friends thought Isobel looked "mean and moody" - during
one of the points in the gig when I was looking up at her and sighing like
a young boy, I too thought she looked terribly serious.  (Further
observations on this, and on Isobel in general, were cut short by a
strange Marge Simpson-esque noise coming from my girlfriend...)

On the bootlegged Tigermilk theme, I'd have done the same thing if I'd seen
a CD in my local record shop - which reminds me, does anyone living near
Bristol, Cambridge or London have a good quality copy (dare I say the
original?) of Tigermilk? I only ask because mine is so bad that I can't
make out what the girl says in "I Should Be Screaming" - you know, the bit
all about "not being daunted by the longest words in the dictionary" or
something. Does anyone know?

I've been painting the outside of the house all day listening to TWATTYBUS
on repeat at nearly full volume in my room so I can hear it outside.  This
is one of the best ways of finding out which tracks are quietest - I could
hardly hear A Space Boy Dream.  Or the end of most of the tracks.

I think the idea about putting MP3's on the web site is one of the best
I've heard so far for Tigermilk - surely there's no way this would actually
dent sales amongst B&S fans if it were ever rereleased?

Back on Shepherd's Bush again - if you were the guy who fainted before B&S
came on, it was me who gave you your jacket back at the end, BTW.

Keep mailing (not too many long ones - all the newbies are clogging up the
list)
Oh the hypocrisy
love
Lazy House-Painter Dom