Sinister: Celtic, dead list grandees and the death of romance

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Mon Sep 21 19:23:58 BST 1998

Funkyseb wrote:

> I know this celtic/rangers a load of ares, but I couldn't help but be
> cheeredw hen I first read this:
> Ink Polaroid#2
> ''....Anything you want!
> Which is what (mark jones) said he would give us if we would do a
> record for him. So Chris promptly drew up a list that included a
pair > of forty inch flares, a date with Kate Moss, and celtic to win
the
> league cup. I don't think he's seen any of them yet.'' (by Stuart >
David)

This bit always confuses me.  Can anyone explain why Chris wanted
Celtic to win the poxy League Cup rather than the Premiership or the
FA Cup?  Is this a telling example of Belle and Seabstian's smallness
of ambition that the reviewers are always telling us about?  Did he
not want Celtic to get 'too big'.  Or were Celtic just out of the
running for everthing but the League Cup by this stage of the 96-7
season.  Do tell.

I work in a newspaper library and was most alarmed to come across a
file marked "Robert McTaggart" in the Dead People section.  I was
chilled to the bone, I don't mind tell you.  Turns out Tag was a
Scottish Labour MP who died in the 1980s.  How awful for him.

All this young boy sighing talk has made me realise that however much
like to think of myself as a swooning romantic oaf, I don't really
sigh. Except when I'm tired.

Nick xx