Sinister: i was in the pub last night...

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Mon Sep 21 22:06:57 BST 1998

so there i am, heading for the bar to get me beer and this bloke stops
me and says, 'hey, nice shirt'. i was wearing my orangey bus one, and
this chap said he had meant to order one off the Internet, but hadn't. I
said i got mine at Union Chapel and he said 'hey you're so cool'. Well
okay he didn't, he just nodded and asked if i had the new record. Well,
i ask you... he's not on the list by any chance is he? are you? dahn the
cavern it was, saturday night. there was a dreadful band who were doing
covers of things like Walking On Sunshine, very baddly. The guitarist
was wanking it and some card at the back kept shouting 'fucking YES'. i
don't imagine for a minute he was being complimentary, although my chum
Rupert would argue that such a comparison should indeed be held in high
regard.

Where on earth was i? oh yes, chap asked if the new record was any good
and i said no it's pish. there was talk of obtaining copies of Tigermilk
and i said i'd meet him in the toilets later but he didn't show. there
was no discussion of CDR, however.

later i talk with loverly kate who is fab and her boyfriend who i used
to teach, and who made me say 'shut up and sit doon', even though i
never said that in my life, honest. he likes B&S and looks like someone
from Marilyn Mansun, so it just goes to show, doesn't it kids? never
trust a hippie.

In other news: the nice mr Mitchell suggested that everyone have a nice
look through the archives. I suggest that people take this wonderful
advice, especially if they want to know about set lists and songs in
french. Sheesh. i only posted the info about twice.

Is Stuart M, the loveable little tyke who apologises for a living and
who makes tea for the Workers (Fischer Z, anyone? i could tell you a
story about that one... come sit on my lap little one) leaving coded
messages in his missives to the list?
--UPIMSRGSMTP11MS4+y7l5RcXySm7IwCV8bahMpC--
Anyone want to have a go at cracking the code? i cannae be arsed.

Miller said something but i forget what. Something about Isaac Hayes and
some impenetrable rubbish in a faux scottish accent that sounded geordie
to me. Hey PJ, i was looking at an old fanzine the other night and it
mentions 'Slow Dazzle'. Do you remember this one? it came from
greenock...

I think a camping sinister soul weekender in Machester in the middle of
winter sounds like an ace idea. But without the camping and without the
soul. Well okay, a bit of soul... can i bring my Teena Marie records?

keep the faith,

the duke

PS it's nice to know you all fancy me.
--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
taX-Mozilla-Status: 0009rom - Mon Sep 21 20:45:55 1998