Sinister: the three minutes from tuesday poem

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Tue Sep 22 05:19:42 BST 1998

i'm actually getting ready for my creative writing class right now, and
looking at poetry, and then it just occured to me that we still haven't
gotten a monday poem yet!!!  horrors!!!!  so i'll do this week's and then
joss can do next weeks.  though i think that matt needs to do one rather
badly.  so anyway, i'll just use dorothy parker.  she can get pretentious,
but she has a beautiful sense of humor.  and this one is my favorite by
her.

Threnody

Lilacs blossom just as sweet
Now my heart is shattered.