Sinister: Those pesky band lists

John Stuart/mail+schedule John.Stuart at xxx.com
Tue Sep 22 14:57:30 BST 1998

Neil Dewhurst wrote...
> People just love letting complete strangers know what music they like in
> the vain hope that when the message is read the recipients will all sit
> around cooing and telling themselves how clever and sophisticated the
> sender is.  Or they might find that they too like the unknown band on
> the list and let out squeals of excitement because there's someone else
> out there with intellect on a par with theirs.

....or they might think.."Hey, I like a lot of those bands too, but I've
never heard of others.  That person seems to have similar taste to me, I
think I'll give those other band	a listen to".

I first heard of Air and TBS on this list.  My recommendations might
influence others.

Just a thought.

John S.