Sinister: Pease Pudding Hot

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Sep 23 09:13:13 BST 1998

Howay man! I'm Geordie Isaac Hayes an I'm gannin doon the pint for a gan an
to get us some burds like? Howay! It's Timmy Five Bellies! An the drummer
oota Kenickie! Howay!

Paul wrote:

  Actually there won't be one.  This just to say that your list manager
will be away for some of this week and next, and expects you all to
be good bunnies, not make rude signs to the neighbours, and not feed
your little sister to the dog.  And keep the house tidy.  I'll
probably pop in remotely to do any maintenance I can, and because it
will cost me I will be less patient... grrr.

It's that time of year again. Once again we are faced with a good given
opportunity. Paul has gone away, so it's up to us to talk about him behind
his back. I'll start:

Honey aka Honey is a doctor of astronomy. He studied for mnay years,
often under the tutelage of Patrick Moore himself, to earn himself this
distinguished title. On his graduation day, he was awarded a certificate and
an extremely large and powerful telescope. Paul was happy and relieved
because at long last he was able to carry out the secret plan that he had
harboured for so many years. He got home, whipped off his mortar board and
cloak, revealing only a pair of leopardskin underpants beneath. He somehow
managed to haul the enormous telescope upstairs and set it up on its special
tripod in his bedroom. He sttled down and waited for the big moment. At
last, seven hours later, Paul's dream finally came true! He was able to
enjoy the sight of his neighbour, Mrs Matlockbath-Cablecar, wearing only her
bloomers and corset as she pranced around her exotically perfumed boudoir.

Yesterday I went to the pictures and it was a film and it was Fear and
Loathing in Las Vegas and it says on the poster that it stars Johnny Depp
but it doesn't, because I'm sure it is Lawrence out of Denim, so he's not on
the dole at all, it's just  a trick to get loads of inidie sympathy.

Oh, a word of introduction for newcomers: My name's Peter, I've been lurking
on the list for about a year now. My favourite music is "Behind Blue Eyes"
by The W!H!O!, but not the slow bit at the beginning, just the bit near the
end where they really give it some and rock out big time. I used to like
Isaac Hayes, but he's sold out, the big turkey.

Peter