Sinister: Calling London students

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Wed Sep 23 10:36:19 BST 1998

Hello.

Having been inspired by the good doctor C.B. Stride and his rather
fab-looking Sheffield club (the Warwick version of which I ran a couple
of years ago), I am writing to ask if there are any students at any of
the London universities who would be interested in helping me organise
an indie club night in their place of study. Obviously as a non-student,
I don't have access to the facilities myself, but I have a fair bit of
experience and expertise, as well as a half-decent cd (and record)
collection, and would absolutely love to be involved in running a club
again.

So if there is anyone out there who's been toying with the idea but
doesn't know where to begin, or just needs some incentive to get off
their arse, write to me privately, even if it's just to put me in touch
with another like-minded individual. You can be pretty damn sure that
it'd be a club you'd all want to come to (hmmm...), so it could be in
your interest too...

Anyway...I was listening to Sinister last night, having finally got it
back from a friend who took rather too much of a shine too it, and I'm
sorry, it really is that much better than Wor Lad wi' t'Arab Strap. No
argument. And did anyone see the review of The Original Arab Strap in
the Guardian today? "Belle and Sebastian may be the leaders of the new
Glasgow scene, but Mogwai and Arab Strap are going to be the stayers",
to paraphrase rather injudiciously. Bollocks, I say.

Bye bye dreamers,
Mark x