Sinister: love hearts

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Wed Sep 23 19:06:46 BST 1998

my mate kate (not adrian's kate, oh no...) came around today and gave me
a packet of sweets. they were love hearts and they were lovely. She was
stood at the door of my classroom and all the little smelly children
were peering out at at her, and she was listening to a stereo type thang
and she bunged an earpiece up to my shell-like and it was, tada!
TWATTYBUS!! it was very strange... it was the first time i've actually
thought that people who aren't like, sinister folks or people i've known
as fans/obessives for the past couple of years are actually listening to
B&S. I know it sounds dumb, but it was odd.

Longevity; much as i like Arab Strap and Mogwai, i think the idea that
they'll be of lasting significance in comparison to B&S is twaddle.
Young Team was a good record but hardly made great progress from the
stuff on the compilation, i forget it's name. They are, i feel, a band
that many people name check, and say they love, but whose records these
people will rarely actually play. i should know, i've been kind of
guilty. Ditto Arab Strap, although maybe not in the 'i don't play their
records' sense because i do, but i rarely play the second Lp because i
don't think that, in hindsight, it's up to much. long term watchers will
know that goes against my initial repsonses, but hey. It might be
strange to say it, but i think Arab Strap might work best as a singles
band... B&S on the other hand have so many facets, are so magical, have
the all important It factor, and although i still kind of feel a lurking
suspicion that they'll split up within a year, i'm sure that's not the
case and they will be making records for millions of fans for many years
to come. Not that i'll hear them of course because i'll have found
(several) someone(s) new by then.

No horrid gossip on the boy with the honey pot because, frankly, he's
just too darn lovely.

Trousers announces another competition! hurrah! it's a shame i'm shite
with pomes. i just asked the duchess, who teaches english in our school,
what her department is doing for national poetry day and her response?
'When's that then?' No wonder the educational standard of our young 'uns
is so poor.

missing Tim's not inconsiderable presence already,

the duke

--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net