Sinister: Still here

Paul Laird plaird at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 24 01:45:53 BST 1998

Padraic Doorey on 23/9
>i've been a tad quiet over the past few weeks so i hope a few of you
>at least can still remember who i may be...

Make that many months for me. Hell, those who remember me should be due
their Sinister long service medals by now.

>     And where've all the old people gone? You know who you are! If no one
>shows the newbies what to do, then the list can't help but go a bit crappy.
>Which no one wants.

Do I count as one of the oldies? I'm well aware I was probably scrambling
at the foot of HoneyPaul's list of most prolific posters. I must admit
I've been a bit quiet for the last few months and have had periods where
I've not kept up with the mail like I should. So stupid me has had to
occasionaly download hundreds and hundreds of mails and be swept away by
the ever-growing flood.

luvlee, luvlee Katrina tormented us:
>Now, we don't want to get people all excited, but we have recently heard
>a fairly strong rumour that "Tigermilk" will be rereleased sometime next
>autumn.

NEXT Autumn? A year's a bit much isn't it? - I don't think I could
possibly stay excited at that prospect for more than say, a couple of
weeks.  Will we be able to resist the wares offered by those evil bootleg
pushers (now with another whole year of crooked opportunity) ? I think
it'll take a lot of willpower for many of us.

Birjinder (were you getting a freebie?) said:
>I just wanted to publicly thank Katrina for getting in touch with
>Matador on my behalf...A few minutes ago, I received a call from them
>informing me that they'll be sending the LP today via UPS.

I also like to thank Katrina for attempting to get an advance copy of the
album sent to me for use at THE EGG in Edinburgh (sly advert). Beatwax
never sent one despite your personal request and since they're working
for Jeepster in a way, by distributing advance copies to influential
types, I'd have a wee word with them. Never mind - Top Bloke and
flowerbed expert Keith Watson gave me his one to play to the dancing
masses - many, many thanks Keith.

T(W)ATTY BYE,
The Lairdster.